Why do I need Renters Insurance?
You may not own your house or apartment but everything inside is what makes it your home…and it should be protected. Your landlord is responsible for the structure itself, but what about your belongings? How can you protect yourself if someone is injured in your home? Renters insurance is a very affordable way to protect your possessions and provide personal liability coverage.
What does Southern Oak Renters Insurance protect?
- Personal Property Coverage – Protect your belongings from theft, loss, or destruction due to fire, storm, or other covered peril. This includes everyday items like clothes which seem inexpensive until you need to replace an entire wardrobe, to high-cost items like electronics, jewelry, and collectibles.
- Liability Coverage – Accidents happen. If a guest is injured in your home and you’re found to be responsible, liability coverage through your renters insurance policy can help pay legal expenses, medical bills, and other damages.
- Additional Living Expenses – You’ve thought about the possibility of losing your apartment or maybe even your belongings, but what about finding a place to live while you’re getting back on your feet? Additional living expenses help cover the incidental costs associated with a loss like hotel rooms, restaurant bills, etc. while the damage is being fixed.
We encourage you to contact your agent with questions related to specific coverages or changes to existing policies. If you don’t already have an agent, you can find one here.
What makes Southern Oak Insurance different?
- We’re Florida-based (wholly owned and operated by Florida residents). Our families weather the same storms as yours.
- We’re committed to providing policyholders and agents with exceptional products and service.
- We’re committed to providing the best customer service and most efficient claims administration systems in the industry.
- We have been assigned a Financial Stability Rating® of A, Exceptional, from Demotech, Inc.
“Their reputation for speed of service was the most important factor for me when choosing Southern Oak Insurance.”
- Joshua S.