Condo Unit Owners Insurance
Why do I need Condo Unit Owners Insurance?
Typically condominium associations have insurance which protects the building itself, commonly owned property, and provides liability coverage for the association, and most tenants think they’re covered. Unfortunately, that coverage often stops at your front door. Condo unit owners insurance through Southern Oak is designed to help protect all of YOUR belongings, your personal liability, and your peace of mind.
What does Southern Oak Condo Unit Owners Insurance protect?
- Your Home – Most condo association insurance only covers exterior walls and common areas…not the internal walls of your actual unit. Southern Oak Condo Unit Owners Insurance protects your space and even the fixtures inside it.
- Personal Property Coverage – Protect your belongings from theft, loss, or destruction due to fire, smoke, vandalism, storm, or other covered perils. This includes everyday items like clothes which seem inexpensive until you need to replace an entire wardrobe, to high-cost items like electronics, jewelry, and collectibles.
- Liability Coverage – Accidents happen. If a guest is injured in your unit and you’re found to be responsible, liability coverage through your condo unit owners insurance policy may help pay legal expenses, medical bills, and other damages.
- Additional Living Expenses – You’ve thought about the possibility of losing your condo unit or maybe even your belongings, but what about finding a place to live while you’re getting back on your feet or repairs are being made? Additional living expenses help cover the incidental costs associated with a loss like hotel rooms, restaurant bills, etc. while the damage is being fixed.
We encourage you to contact your agent with questions related to specific coverages or changes to existing policies. If you don’t already have an agent, you can find one here.
What makes Southern Oak Insurance different?
- We’re Florida-based (wholly owned and operated by Florida residents). Our families weather the same storms as yours.
- We’re committed to providing policyholders and agents with exceptional products and service.
- We’re committed to providing the best customer service and most efficient claims administration systems in the industry.
- We have been assigned a Financial Stability Rating® of A, Exceptional, from Demotech, Inc.
Great for On-The-Go
“I like the fact they were able to do it all over the phone.”
- Teri M.