Being a homeowner is an exciting thing, however it may leave some people with questions. Do you know exactly what is covered in your homeowners insurance policy? Every basic home insurance policy provides a package of insurance protection for your home, with different types of coverage included. Let us take the guesswork out of your homeowners insurance with this simple guide!
What Homeowners Insurance Covers
- Dwelling: This covers your home and attached structures. It usually includes plumbing, wiring, heating, and permanently installed air conditioning in the event of a covered peril.
- Other structures: Other structures or buildings, like guest houses, sheds, and fences, are also covered in case of covered perils.
- Personal property: Your policy should reimburse you for covered damage or loss of your possessions. This includes appliances, laptops, jewelry, and clothes, and they may even be covered if they are not on your property at the time of loss.
- Loss of use: This provides some reimbursement for additional living expenses if you need to vacate your home during repairs or rebuilding.
- Liability: This helps cover your financial losses if you are found responsible for damage or injury to others. In some cases, it may even cover legal defense against a claim.
- Medical payments: Your policy should cover the medical bills of people injured on your property.
We Help Our Clients Understand Florida Homeowners Insurance
Our Southern Oak agents are ready to help with competitive home insurance quotes, advice, and a commitment to customer service. Contact us today to speak with an agent regarding your unique insurance coverage.
Take a deeper look into homeowners coverage by downloading our Home Insurance Claims eBook, filled with unique situations and whether or not you’d be covered. Click the image to get your free copy!